Thursday, October 9, 2008

Troy's Luck!

The many of you who know my husbands past with buying me gifts will find this funny! Troy called me the other day, he was so excited because he had just come up with the most perfect gift for me, and he still had 3 weeks until my birthday, he thought he was the coolest husband and this would prove it(Troy's "M O" is to pick me up a gift either the day of or the night before, but NEVER has he gotten something this early) I was impressed too! Well today I got an E-mail thanking me for my subscription to Psychology Today magazine. Now this is a thoughful gift and something I would really like, HAD I NOT ORDERED IT ALREADY! What makes this so funny is that I had a conversation with him(which he now remembers) and I told him how I had just gotten sucked into subscribing to this magazine! I found it funny! He says that it's not fair because the thing that was supposed to show how great and thoughtful he is actually backfired and shows how much he doesn't listen. I'm betting his days of ever getting me something ahead of time are over! Thanks anyway Troy, at least you know it's something I liked!!!

4 comments:

Jack and Lindzi said...

That's pretty good! I giggled for a while. Don't give up Troy!!

Melissa said...

yes Troy...GIVE UP!

Jamie said...

I think Troy and I have the same role in relationships. That sounds like something I would do.

~Lauren said...

HAHA:) Well, Troy isn't alone...I've had a few gifts gone wrong too! I think if it were Ivan..he probably would have tried to recover by saying he got the second subscription for bathroom reading or something:P I really don't know why men find it so difficult..Don't wait til the last minute, Don't get us something we already have, Don't give us anything to cook or clean with, Don't give anything that would really be for themselves..lingerie, video games, ect. Probably the only fall back they have is money...I think you might wanna explore the option next year..it's easy..you can do it in advance..it's something you can never have enough of:)